Some mornings when the mud, much, and sheer amount of things that need your attention are overwhelming and you just wonder what on earth you are doing, you look up and the sheer beauty of the January sky reminds you, that you are doing this because it's absolutely beautiful.
My boots developed a leak several weeks ago, about the same time I came down with bronchitis, and it has been truly all I can do some mornings just to get the critters fed and watered. The cold muddy water seeping up through my leaky boot, paired with the icy wind and the remnants of the bronchitis had me in a not too happy mood this morning. I was trudging toward the field to feed the majority of the goat herd, horse and the two herd dogs. As I headed toward them, all the things I needed to do with them, for them, flooded through my mind. I need to move the buck from the field, need to trim hooves, give shots, sort who's going and who's staying. Then I saw the sky, it was January gray, icy looking gray clouds filled the horizon, and directly above the blue open sky with sunlight striking the white bare trunks of the tulip poplars. It was breathtaking. Only God can paint such a beautiful canvas and speak to our troubled minds to just look up and remember He's got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment