Two days of below freezing temperatures are quiet enough for me. Every water container on the place is frozen at least two inches thick. I know because the few that don't have heaters I took an axe to this afternoon so that everyone could get a drink before it froze solid again. I finished cutting the hole in the side of the barn that the Buck started a few months ago and hung a heat lamp so the kids could escape the wind better and have unfrozen water. Luckily no one was around to video the rodeo of me trying to catch Godzilla, Henry, and Mothra (Banty rooster and his two hens), and despite the ruckus they raised about being captured they were very happy to be in the nice warm barn with unfrozen water and a bowl of scratch. :) Well, at least until I brought the ancient horse into the barn. Cisco, rarely lets me catch him anymore, but if it's really cold he will submit and walk willingly to the barn. I actually think he's figured out that it is not only warmer but I give him extra feed and hay and it's all his, no goats to have to fend off. All the critters seem to be handling the cold snap fairly well. Although the cats have registered their utter disgust more than once. They like to go out and lounge in the sunshine during the day, but have refused to go out the door once it's opened the last couple of days. I really don't blame them, it's COLD!!! Yes, I know that our little bit of cold is nothing compared to places farther north, but that's why I don't live there, I'd freeze into a solid and I'd never be able to keep everything watered and warm. But it's okay Wednesday is coming and they are saying we will be near 60. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment